What are your senior living care options? The answer is often a pleasant surprise as most people assume senior living in Somerset County is simply a fancy name for a nursing home. However, that couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact, senior living today offers different levels of care for specific wants and needs. Find out which senior living care options will benefit you or your loved one most.
This senior living care option is more about lifestyle than care. It is ideal for active seniors who can still live independently but seek a vibrant social community without the hassle of chores and home upkeep.
In independent living with us, you can typically expect the following:
- A range of floor plans, including studio, one and two-bedroom apartment suites
- Maintenance-free living that includes 24-hour staffing, restaurant-style dining, weekly housekeeping, linen service, and transportation
- A variety of social opportunities, activities, and clubs
- Amenities that include concierge services, fitness center, library, and onsite beauty salon/barbershop
Neither onsite medical care nor assistance with activities of daily living is typically offered in independent living.
This senior living care option offers many of the same services and amenities as independent living, however, assisted living residents also benefit from just the right amount of support to remain as independent as possible while enjoying an engaging, purposeful life.
In assisted living with us, you can typically expect the following:
- Care staff is available 24/7, and a registered nursing team onsite
- Personalized support with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, eating, and medication management
- The comfort of a homelike setting without the worry of home upkeep, cooking, cleaning, and yard maintenance
- Features that include spacious, private accommodations, fitness center, library, and onsite beauty salon/barbershop
- Daily social opportunities through a range of scheduled programs, activities, and outings
Keep in mind that while assisted living does offer support services, it typically does not provide the specialized care needed for Alzheimer’s disease or dementia, incontinence, or chronic health issues that require round-the-clock care.
When it comes to senior living care options, memory care is the most specific as it is designed to nurture and support those with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia exclusively.
In memory care with us, you can typically expect the following:
- Staff specially trained in the needs and challenges of those with Alzheimer’s and dementia
- An individualized care plan with 24-hour supervision from onsite care staff and a registered nursing team
- A secure, calming environment that’s easy to navigate
- Therapy, a structured daily routine, and programs with social opportunities tailored to each resident’s cognitive abilities
- Features that include comfortable apartment-style accommodations, housekeeping, and linen service, as well as emergency call systems and health monitoring
Sometimes you need a temporary senior living care option to give caregivers a break, support recovery after an illness or injury, or simply try out what life is like in a community setting. This is known as respite care.
In respite care with us, you can typically expect the following:
- A short-term stay of two weeks or more
- Private, furnished suite with three meals a day, social activities, and access to amenities
- Support with activities of daily living from onsite care staff
Senior Living in Somerset County for Today and Tomorrow
When considering your senior living care options, we recommend planning for today and tomorrow. One of the best ways to do this is to look at communities that offer more than one level of care on the same campus. This has benefits such as:
- Rather than having to move from place to place as health needs evolve, you’re able to stay with friends and in the comfort of familiar surroundings in senior living in Somerset County.
- You’ll maintain continuity in care which provides invaluable peace of mind for residents in senior living in Somerset County and their families.
For more information on touring senior living, download our Family Decision Toolkit or contact us today to schedule a tour.