While most people assume the term “senior living” is simply a fancier way to talk about nursing homes, that’s not the case at all. Nursing homes of the past provided skilled, round-the-clock care, and today they still do. But although nursing homes were once the only option, what’s known today as senior living now offers multiple lifestyle experiences, even for those who are perfectly healthy! Here are four key benefits you’ll find in senior living communities today.
Senior Living Communities Then
It’s no secret that nursing homes always had the stigma of being dreary, sterile places where seniors would go as a last resort when their care needs became more than could be managed at home. Specifically designed for those with medical conditions that require round-the-clock or specialized care such as wound care, intravenous (IV) therapy, injections, catheter care, and medical management of chronic conditions, nursing homes rightly feel more like hospitals because they are primarily medical settings. However, these settings have also evolved, with socialization and enrichment activities as part of daily life, in addition to support and care. But this setting is now only one facet of the senior living continuum of care.
For more information, download our Senior Living Options Guide.
Senior Living Communities Now
Today’s senior living communities have recognized that seniors are living longer, healthier, and more active lives and have designed options that cater to different needs. We know that there are many reasons that families might begin considering senior living in Hillsborough Township. Perhaps your loved one is tired of cooking, cleaning, and maintaining the house. Maybe you want to socialize more and have more opportunities to stay active. Or, your loved one may have had a recent health scare. It could be a combination of any of these or something else entirely. That’s why now you’ll find senior living options that include:
Independent Living – This option is more of a lifestyle choice for seniors who can still live independently but seek a more active, social way of life free of the hassles of chores and home upkeep. It features a range of accommodation options, amenities, and a full calendar of events and activities.
Assisted Living – This option has many of the same features as independent living but assisted living differs in that it also offers personalized care and support with activities of daily living like bathing, dressing, and medication management. In addition, care staff is available 24/7, and a registered nursing team is onsite to provide the right amount of support to help you remain as independent as possible while enjoying an active, engaging, and purposeful life.
Memory Care – Specifically designed to nurture those with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, this option provides 24-hour support in a secure, calming environment. Staff is specially trained in memory care and provides daily support and opportunities to socialize, stay active, and enjoy purpose each day, regardless of cognitive impairment.
Benefits of Senior Living in Hillsborough Township
Senior living communities in Hillsborough Township more closely resemble resorts with sprawling campuses, beautiful accommodation options, a range of amenities, and a focus on wellness. There are truly more opportunities than you can count to make the most of life with benefits that include:
- Maintenance-Free Living – With amenities like residence and yard maintenance, housekeeping, laundry services, and transportation, senior living communities like ours give you freedom from chores and the worry over unexpected expenses and repairs that come with owning a home.
- Amenities and Convenience – With senior living in Hillsborough Township, you’ll find a range of floor plans, including studio, one and two-bedroom apartment suites, and everything you need right outside your door, including restaurant-style dining, library, and onsite beauty salon plus 24-hour staffing and concierge services.
- A Social, Fulfilling Lifestyle – One of the most rewarding benefits of senior living communities is how much easier it is to connect and find purpose than at home, particularly when living alone. We offer an ever-changing calendar of social events, activities, outings, clubs, classes, and volunteer opportunities to keep you engaged and fulfilled.
- An Environment that Supports Wellness – Wellness is at the heart of everything we do. From our fitness program with classes designed for seniors plus a state-of-the-art fitness center to our chef-inspired menus that are healthy, well-balanced, and accommodate dietary restrictions for residents, the environment here supports healthy aging.
- Peace of Mind – Our senior living communities typically offer multiple options on the same campus. So, however your health needs evolve over time, you’ll always have the right support from skilled, caring staff dedicated to helping you thrive.