Today, when planning a big purchase or researching a decision, the first step in the process for most of us is to go online. The same often holds true when considering senior living in Hillsborough Township. As you may have already realized there is a lot of information available, which is excellent news; you should be able to learn anything you want to know. At the same time, it can quickly become overwhelming. But don’t worry, these tips can help make researching senior living online easier.
Download our guide to Choosing the Right Community!
Beginning your search for senior living in Hillsborough Township
As you start researching senior living online, here are five tips to consider.
- Understand your options – You may not realize that there is more than one type of senior living in Hillsborough Township. Options include independent living, assisted living, and memory care. It’s important to identify which is the best fit for you or your loved one before looking at communities because not all of them offer each type of senior living. Here’s a brief description of each type:
- Independent Living – Ideal for older adults who can still live independently as the lifestyle is focused on convenience and active living with home upkeep, cooking, and cleaning taken care of for you. Residents also enjoy a range of amenities as well as social and enrichment opportunities.
- Assisted Living – Provides many of the same services, amenities, and activities as independent living. Still, you’ll also have assistance with daily tasks such as bathing, dressing, and medication management. Onsite medical care is also available.
- Memory Care – Exclusively for those with Alzheimer’s and dementia, and offers 24-hour support in a secure, nurturing environment with specially trained staff.
- Be specific when researching senior living online – With so many senior living options available, it’s important to be specific. We recommend you search by the type of senior living (independent living, assisted living, or memory care) that you determined fits best and your preferred location. For example, “assisted living in Hillsborough Township.”
- Look closely at community websites – Next, visit the senior living community websites that come up based on your search. Make sure to check out not only their services and amenities but also their videos, image galleries, activity calendars, and floor plans. Many will also have other resources available such as financial calculators, self-guided assessments, how-to guides, and even blogs like these to help you in researching senior living.
- Follow them on social media – You can expect most senior living communities to be active on social media. If not, that could be a red flag because this is where you’ll get a true sense of their personality, as well as what daily life is like for the residents there. So following the senior living communities you are interested in is a must.
- Don’t forget online reviews – In researching senior living, make sure to include online reviews. But remember to consider them with a grain of salt in gauging the reputation of the communities you’re considering. You don’t want to base a decision on that alone but rather as part of the overall picture.
After researching senior living online
Once you’ve completed researching senior living in Hillsborough Township, ideally, you’ve found two to three communities that you’d like to tour. Most senior living communities now have the option to tour online or in person. Either way, you can schedule your tour by contacting the communities directly or scheduling through their website. Then, you’ll answer a few questions so the team can gain an understanding of your needs to personalize the tour experience.
For additional information on researching senior living, download our Choosing the Right Community Guide today!