There are so many great towns to consider retiring to today, making it hard to know the best fit. One thing is for certain: Hillsborough Township in Somerset County, New Jersey, should definitely be on your list to consider.
This vibrant and bustling suburban community is not only within commuting distance of New York City, it has also been repeatedly named one of the nation’s best places to live by Money magazine. The area has a strong economy with a diverse population of about 43,000, a rich history, and a climate that embraces all four seasons, making it an ideal place to retire and enjoy life year-round.
There’s so much to see and do, including the outstanding dining in Hillsborough Township. Here are just some of the available options.
Dining in Hillsborough Township: best choices for retirees
Restaurants in Hillsborough Township
The area is home to many great eateries featuring diverse menus and surroundings. Some of our favorite dining options in Hillsborough Township include the following:
- The Landing offers casual dining with American fare, from great burgers to three-course meals.
- Sahara features tantalizing Mediterranean cuisine.
- Café Graziella offers authentic Italian fare.
- Verve Restaurant offers top-rated French American fare in an elegant atmosphere for dining with friends and family.
- Ovations features amazing Italian-American choices complimented by a full cocktail menu.
- Char Steakhouse features a menu with the finest cuts of Dry Aged Prime beef, and fresh fish delivered daily.
- Eminato offers coffee or tea in a relaxing café.
- CaféMerica has a full line of hot and cold coffee, tea, and other refreshing drinks, as well as healthy snacks, lunch options, and breakfast sandwiches available all day.
- Flounder Brewing Co. is situated on a beautiful Carriage Farm in the heart of Hillsborough, with 250-year-old barns housing their 15-barrel brewhouse for a unique tasting room experience.
- Winemakers of Somerset is an award-winning winery where you are part of the experience from grape to glass, with over 35 varietals and blends to choose from.
Visit our guide, “Senior Living in Hillsborough Township: Everything You Need to Know”.
Fresh and local food in Hillsborough Township
Great dining in Hillsborough Township isn’t just limited to restaurants; we also have plenty of farmers’ markets as well. It’s easy to add more fresh fruits and veggies to your healthy diet while also supporting local businesses with options that include the following:
- Hillsborough Farm Country Market has 150 years of experience providing fresh fruits and vegetables as well as baked goods, dairy products, meats, flowers, and more.
- Montgomery Farmers’ Market is open June through November with fresh and organic produce, homemade foods, flowers, coffee, soups, and meats from a variety of local vendors.
- John H. Drake Farmers’ Market is a local favorite for vegetables and fruit, as well as flowers and eggs.
- Vacchiano Farm is known for excellent beef, lamb, poultry, vegetables, fruits, and wine, but don’t forget the homemade specialty foods and baked goods!
Dining in Hillsborough Township in senior living
At All American at Hillsborough, we empower older adults to embrace their own health and well-being by creating lifestyles that inspire creativity, foster independence, protect dignity, and celebrate wisdom. Our mission is to provide the finest quality senior living with an emphasis on the important family values of compassion, integrity, and respect. This includes our distinctive dining experience.
Our residents are treated to chef-prepared meals that are balanced, nutritious, and crafted to any dietary restrictions. We serve three meals daily in our restaurant-style dining room, and our waitstaff is trained to provide comprehensive service so that dining is always relaxing and enjoyable. Check out our sample menu.
For more information on retirement in Hillsborough Township, visit our helpful guide, “Senior Living in Hillsborough Township: Everything You Need to Know” today.